Saturday, December 18, 2010

Helping Hands





















I am enjoying bonding with my youngest child while the rest are at school.  She has grown up so much these past few months. She is a very busy, determined, strong willed 3 year old. She loves to help me with things around the house. She was begging me the other day to help me bake some pies. I decided to make some apple pies to take to church for a baked goods exchange at our women's Christmas banquet. When I was finished with the crust I gave her the leftover to make her own pie. This year I canned a bunch of apple pie filling from the apples from our two trees. We had an overabundance of apples. She had so much fun rolling out the dough and making her own little apple pie. She was so proud of it when she was done that she could hardly wait to show the others as soon as they walked through the door.


Tonight I tried something new. I am supposed to take snacks to our Sunday School class in the morning, so I decided to try to make some Bubble Bread. It was actually fun to make and I can't wait to try it! It made the whole house smell delicious!

















Bubble Bread
*1 pkg(1 Tbs.) dry yeast
*1 1/2 Cups warm water
*2 Tbs. sugar
*1 tsp. salt
*1 Tbs. shortening
*4 Cups flour
*1 stick butter
*1 Cup sugar
*2 Tbs. cinnamon
~Dissolve yeast in warm water. Add sugar, salt and shortening. Gradually add flour. Mix well. Let rise until double. Punch down and divide into fourths, then divide each fourth into 7 balls, making 28 all together. Combine sugar and cinnamon. Dip balls into melted butter and roll into cinnamon-sugar mixture. Stack lightly into an angel food cake pan. Let rise till double again. Bake at 350 for 40 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment