Monday, February 7, 2011

Fresh Air Fund Conference

Here are a few highlights from my trip to New York City. It was a busy weekend, but had an exciting time.

Times Square


Ate at a Peruvian restaurant Saturday night called Pio Pio.

There was a performance by "Rosie's Kids". They sang a couple songs for us Sunday morning. They were a very talented group of NYC kids.

Got to see "Lion King" Broadway show! It was spectacular!

Sunday noon I had the opportunity to meet up with Neomi, our Fresh Air girl, and her mom and sisters. I was brave and got on the subway to Chinatown=) I was so happy to meet her family. They showered me with gifts, bought me lunch, and gave me money to get a taxi to the airport! I was so humbled by their kindness!

It was a celebration of the Chinese New Year, so Chinatown was packed! There was a parade and lots of exploding confetti=)

No comments:

Post a Comment