Wednesday, February 2, 2011

New York City

I'm so excited for another opportunity to go to New York City this weekend. I am going for a Fresh Air Fund Conference. The Fresh Air Fund is a program that allows New York City children to enjoy the simple pleasures of summertime fun in the country through free vacations. I will be staying right on Times Square and will hopefully get to see a Broadway show. I am a Chairperson for our area and occasionally have the opportunity to visit New York for conferences or to chaperon a bus load of children.
A few years ago I crossed paths with Carl Edwards (my favorite Nascar driver=) on the streets of NYC and he was nice enough to take a picture with me. It was pretty sweet!



Here are a few pictures of our Fresh Air Child, Neomi, from this past summer. We are planning on inviting her back this summer. It was a great experiance for our children as well.



If you are interested in hosting a child, go to www.freshair.org. Hosting a child does not take much- just a little room in your heart and your home- but the experience creates friendships and memories that will last a lifetime.

No comments:

Post a Comment